- The HCA Gallery mounts nine or ten exhibitions per year, each of which are on view from four to eight weeks.
- Exhibitions are developed by HCA co-director Kris Waldman (KW).
- New group exhibitions are organized each season, along with several shows that have become annual events, including:
- Arts in Bloom juried show
- HCA Members’ juried show
- Creative Circles juried show
- High School Honors
- Exhibited work is offered for sale through the agreement of the artist and KW. Pricing of work is the responsibility of the artist. Prices provided by the artist are accepted at the discretion of KW.
- The profit from sold works is divided between the artist (70%) and HCA (30%).
- All work lent for exhibition is insured from delivery through pickup at its consigned value, that is, 70% of its list price.
- Artists may present work for consideration by responding to group and juried show opportunities detailed on the HCA web site.
- Artists and exhibition organizers may also present for consideration group show exhibition proposals, which are reviewed by the HCA jurying committee on a rolling basis.
If interested, please submit the following information via email or US mail, along with a $30 application fee to HCA:
- No fewer than two or more than five artists
- Up to 30 works that show the entire body of work you are proposing to show. If not all images are available, at least 80% of the work should be sent. (Please do not attach separate images to your email. You can either attach a ZIPPED folder, or send a link to a cloud-based server like DropBox.
Title each file with your last name and artwork title, for example, ” Waldman_Summer Day”.)
- Names and contact info of artists
- Compete identification of works: artist, title, year, materials, size (height by width), price.
- A succinct statement of the exhibition’s formal and/or thematic goals.
- All work chosen for exhibition must be fully prepared for hanging or installation. Please review this framing requirement information.
- HCA staff is responsible for exhibition design and the installation of works.
- HCA is responsible for the following marketing:
– Press release
– Feature on the HCA website “In the Gallery” page
– Email invitation
– E-newsletter promotion
- HCA will host a reception.